Tech+ (Week of April 24)
by Natasha Amadasun | published May. 5th, 2016
- RIT selected as the host for a student Climate Leadership Summit (April 30).
- A fully bendable smartphone with a revolutionary graphene screen was unveiled at a technology trade show at Nanping International Conventional Center in Chongqing, China.
- University of Florida hosted of the world's first mind controlled using brain-computer interfaces (BCI).
- The Hubble Space Telescope discovered a new moon (MK2) in our solar system orbiting the dwarf planet, Makemake.
- Frank Zapata broke the Guinness World Record for the farthest hoverboard flight on a Flyboard Air.
- Large Hadron Collider was briefly put out of commission by a weasel.
- The large gold mirror that will function as the primary mirror in the future James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) was unveiled at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.