by Natasha Amadasun | published Feb. 22nd, 2016
Design by Max Yeager
- RIT professors were an instrumental part in finding proof of Einstein's theory that gravitational waves exist.
- Todd Pagano named 2016 Outstanding Undergraduate Science Teacher by the Society for College Science Teachers for his extensive work with the Laboratory Science Technology program he founded at RIT's NTID.
- RIT professors Willie Osterman and Michael Peres, both of the College of Imaging Arts & Sciences, took what may be first wet plate collodion photographs of snowflakes.
- Preliminary, unpublished results reported at the American Association for the Advancement of Science detail promising effects of genetically manipulating cells of terminally ill leukemia patients, despite concerning side effects.
- Delivery drones are being researched and developed by U.S. Army to provide supplies to soldiers in war zones.
- Google patents advanced Google glasses, driver-less cars and technology to create an all terrain robot.
- Connectivity giants, led by Microsoft, form Internet of Things (IoT) standards coalition called the Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF).
- Google Translate to add 13 new languages to its database and expand its total to 103 languages in anticipation of its 10th anniversary.
- The Legend of Zelda turned 30 (Feb. 21, 2016).