- NTID was approved for its first ever Master of Science degree program in health care interpretation in collaboration with RIT’s College of Health Sciences and Technology.
- The director of the National Science Foundation, France A. Cordova, was announced as the commencement speaker for RIT's May 2016 commencement ceremony.
- Boston Dynamics revealed their newest generation of the tether-less bipedal robot, Atlas.
- A superconductive graphene has been synthesized by researchers from Tohoku University of Tokyo that has zero electrical resistance.
- Facebook releases "Reactions" feature, allowing for a more full range of expressing emotions toward posts.
- Apple's 2014 lawsuit against Samsung for patent infringement was reversed with the court stating that two patents were wrongly awarded and the third was not infringed upon.
- Google expands its Project Shield program to better detect, filter and fight DDoS attacks.
- Dell released its first purpose built industrial PC products, the Embedded Box PC 3000 Series and 5000 Series, for mainstream consumption.